Monday, July 31, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday




Happy Monday Friends! 

I hope you had a lovely weekend. We spent ours out-of-town for Annie's hockey tourney. Lots of rink time! :P  It was actually a lot of fun. Daddy had to help coach some extra teams too, so Annie and I got some fun shopping and bonding time. Always grateful when we get home safe and sound - and it's always so nice to get home and love up Ruby and sleep in our own beds again! Lol 



I just wanted to say again that I know these busier summer days haven't allowed for as much blogging time for me. I'm so grateful to all who stop by and visit and your wonderful comments too!! It means so much to me that you take time out to visit and I will try to get around more this week and visit you my dear friends. I still love this little 'ol blog of mine and the time I spend here with you. I love the friendships I've made as well. I'm excited to share some future things with you...including the etsy store yet in the works. Life took over in many ways, but I'm finally getting things back on track a bit. So stay tuned for more action ahead once summer is finished. 





THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:


Going to be a hot and probably sticky one! In the upper 80's and higher humidity. May get some rain/storms tomorrow. Then supposed to cool down a bit for the rest of the week.











ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:


nectarine and some iced coffee







RIGHT NOW I AM:


In my office listening to some Celtic music and taking breaks in between working on this to work on laundry or other side projects. Or get interrupted by phone calls from hubby etc.  I need to focus and just finish this post up! Lol  My daughter is in her room listening to music and playing with some friends.








AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

I see beautiful blue skies and lots of sunshine! My son's truck is in the driveway as he took today off of work to spend the day with his girlfriend as it's her birthday today. ;) 








AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:


Still in pretty good shape from the weekend. I need to get a few more things done yet - and put away the suitcase and the rest of the stuff from the trip this weekend.








ON TODAY'S (& this week's) TO DO LIST:

The usuals: groceries, devotional, Annie's practices, exercise times, visit MIL, work on projects. We never got to do our Christmas in July fun day with my Mom as she got sick last week. So planning to try to get that in once she's feeling better.  So it will need to be Christmas in August instead I guess. Any excuse to have a little Christmas day is fine by me! 








CURRENTLY READING:


Not much new here currently. I've been terrible this summer about books - but good about magazines and newspaper (crosswords!) ;)  I hope to be better this Fall as I have SO many books lined up to read!! 

(this is still pretty much where I'm at with things - ::sigh::)








ON THE TV TODAY:


Grantchester finale, Next Food Network Star, Big Brother, The Profit, some movies taped











ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY: pasta night, garlic bread, salad


TUESDAY: sandwiches, chips, veg tray, fruit (easy due to hockey night)


WEDNESDAY: breakfast grilled cheeses, sides of some kind


THURSDAY: sloppy joe casserole(cornbread topping), corn on the cob, fruit


FRIDAY: pretzel coated chicken nuggets with honey mustard, oven fries, salad











WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT


Etsy store albums and canvases 

Legacy box stuff  

My Grandpa's heritage album  

My Mom's album & my family album catch up 

(this is my continuing list)












NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:


sloppy joe casserole






TIP OF THE WEEK:


Get our app:
➡ IOS: https://goo.gl/LYntcz
➡ ANDROID: https://goo.gl/oD1y4j

I guess a penny saved really is a penny earned!










FROM THE CAMERA:
Coach Daddy (in the hat) pumping up the team before the game!







Our Girl in action! (in the black) She did score a goal this weekend. ;) 




In between periods coach Daddy talking strategy to the gals.




The celebrating after one of the games they won!









Getting home yesterday is always nice too. All of my lilies have been opening up like crazy! And Ruby and I went out and enjoyed the soft summer night after the hot day.





PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:
Image result for family love inspirational quotes
I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

13 comments:

  1. LOL I'll trade you weather any day! I can't wait to hear more about your Etsy store. Great photos too.

    I've heard that life hack before and have always meant to try it. We do keep all of our change in a bowl in the bedroom and when it fills up I take it to coinstar and convert it into Amazon cash. There's no fee as long as you put it on a gift card. At the end of the year it buys Christmas resents for all the nieces and nephews without busting the budget.

    PERFECT quote! Have a Blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!
    So how much do you love Big Brother?!?!
    Have a great week, my Bloggy friend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So loving BB Billie Jo! Guilty pleasure indeed!! ;)

      Delete
  3. Kudos to Annie for her goal. Your yard reminds me of my friend, David, in Ohio. I've never been to his house, but his backyard is full of lilies. His mom was Lily, and though I never met her, I've seen many photos and talked with her on the phone. She's been gone several years now, but the lilies remain.

    You're a busy lady. Don't know how you keep up with everything. I never finish my to do list, so things carry over. The tablescape I should have completed today is still unfinished (Big Cats). Just need to figure out how to put in a little more zing. Maybe I'll have a brainstorm when I get up tomorrow.

    Carry on, Little Buddy. You're such a GREAT EVERYTHING. Many hugs, P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the love as always dearest Patsy! I don't keep up with all of it - just do what I'm able. It's also my full time job so that makes it a bit easier. I'm so blessed I don't work a different formal job and just get a front seat to life here instead. xoxo

      Delete
  4. Busy, busy, busy! I know just how you feel, and summer flies by so quickly.
    Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope that your Mom is better and that you have a good time at Hockey tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I see we have the same blogging style perhaps? Start a blog post, leave the computer for something else, return to blog post, and then repeat until post is finally finished! Some wild day lilies have sprung up along our fence that I keep thinking I need to put in a vase inside. Your lilies are very pretty. Hope you have another great summer week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That life hack is amazing! It would really add up. What a way to save for Christmas, too!

    I've never been to a hockey game. I bet it would be interesting to watch. To play would be terrifying!

    Enjoy your summer and your Christmas in August. I'd love to hear how you do it!

    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm curious about your etsy shop! Where have I been that I didn't know this? I'm still sewing up a storm and will be bringing the bags to the town tag sale, but in case things don't sell, or even if they do, I might open one up eventually also, maybe you can be my guinea pig :).

    So I'm advocating on Ruby's behalf that she hereby gets to go to any and all future hockey games with you. That's that.

    Don't worry about visiting me love. I haven't posted anything new in almost two weeks. Summer is flying by and I just don't want to spend it in front of the computer. I'm sure you can relate. ;)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mentioned that I was hoping to open one a while back Doreen. But then life took over here for a while due to circumstances and I didn't have time to focus on it. I'm now getting a bit more time in my life to work on some projects and hoping this Fall I can "launch" my little shop. Stay tuned! And I absolutely think you should open one too!!

      I think Ruby would get awfully bored stuck in hotel rooms while we're at hockey. She'd rather be home here with big Brother loving her up and Nana popping in once in a while too. ;)
      xoxo

      Delete
  9. I always love the photos of your home, Carrie, and your family. You've got so much going on. I hope that your mom is feeling better and that y'all will get your Christmas in August. I like August better anyway. :-) I can feel it cooling down tonight as I sit here writing. I've loved the warm days, but it will be nice to have rain tomorrow (you too, I bet) and hoping for sun and 70s on the weekend. Have a great rest of the week. Sounds like a good menu plan.

    ReplyDelete